Would you consider yourself a Social Media Wiz? Do you know the difference between your hashtags and hashflags? If you do, then you might be the person that we’re looking for.
We need someone that can think outside the box and inside 140 characters (sometimes even less!). Someone that can switch between brand voices at the drop of a hat while keeping abreast of the latest social media developments – if Facebook has changed its algorithm again, we expect you to know!
As a member of our team, you will be working on multiple local and global brands with the opportunity to create epic campaigns as well as day to day content. If you’re to survive, you’ll need to be well-organized, strong in written communication, have the ability come up with creative ideas, and of course, love social media!
Social media changes happen quicker than you can say ‘Kim Kardashian’ and because of this, your days will be anything other than boring. Day to day activities include:
- Working with clients to create a social media strategy that collaborates with marketing, PR and advertising campaigns.
- Researching top influencers, competitors, and trends.
- Working with creatives to produce timely and engaging content that’s optimized for different platforms and the intended audience.
- Collaborating with the paid media team to ensure the best audience is reached effectively.
- Proactively jumping on trends that are brand relevant.
- Monitoring social media platforms for customer service opportunities and initiating conversations on behalf of the brand.
- Reading up on the latest platform developments and implementing them where necessary.
- Analyzing and reporting on a monthly basis.
- 1 – 2+ years of social media experience working on big brands.
- Experience including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+ & Snapchat.
- A basic understanding of paid media (there is a team that handles it but your input is valuable).
- Strong understanding of user-generated content management, content marketing and reputation management.
- Strong, professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strategic content creation and excellent writing skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Exceptional time management skills including the ability to handle multiple clients with changing priorities.
Advantageous (but not required)
- Facebook Blueprint certification
- Twitter Flight School certification
- Knowledge of WordPress and basic SEO
- Familiar with scheduling tools like Hootsuite or Sprinklr
If you’re looking to make a name for yourself in a leading, global digital agency, then this is the place to do it. Saatchi & Saatchi Synergize is a full-service digital agency with offices in Cape Town, Johannesburg, London and Budapest leveraging pull strategies, SEO, paid media, social media, analytics, content generation, integrated services and design to build unrivalled brand love and loyalty. If you’ve never heard the word ‘Lovemark’ then you’d better Google it because we’re all about creating them here.
How To Apply
It might seem long, but we take our hiring very seriously. Here are the details:
Send us your CV via the form below, including a motivational letter on what makes you stand out as a social media marketer. Sure, we care about your experience but everyone has that. What really makes you tick?
Oh and don’t forget to include your social media handles if you have any, it will make stalking you a lot easier.
If we like you, you’ll get to interview with the Head of Social.
If she likes you, you’ll get to meet the Social Marketing team (#rockstars).
If they want to work with you, next up is a chit chat with our Strategic Development Director.
There is no step 5. You’re in!
Remuneration: To be discussed
Location: Fourways/Bryanston (Johannesburg)
Job Level: Junior/Mid