Written and compiled by Social Media Apprentice, Marcel Parker.
Let’s start from the beginning:
When I was told I had to write a blog article about internship at Saatchi & Saatchi Synergize, I rummaged through my self- centered millennial brain to find the perfect way to encapsulate my experience. I finally came to the conclusion that the best express my internship would be thorough memes and gifs – the life blood of my generation. I’ve made a list of ten things I’ve learnt that could help you, if you decide to become an intern in a digital advertising agency.
Here’s what I have learnt:
- Be prepared to get a crash course in digital advertising jargon.
- Foosball is not only great at bars, it’s the perfect game for testosterone driven male bonding sessions.
- When it comes to days of the week, your mind will start playing games with you.
- Learn to survive on a budget.
- When your colleague gets their hair did be sure to compliment it.
- Have lunch at peak times so you don’t have to eat alone.
- Even if you’re looking hella fresh, take work selfies discreetly
- When the bar opens your problems close.
- Mad Men told no lies.
10. And finally, never doubt yourself.